If the picture didn’t give it away,
then maybe you should scan the Starbucks iced drink menu!
Iced Matcha lattes are here to stay…at least until Fall 🍂 time!
There is nothing like an iced matcha latte on a hot summer ☀️ morning to give you energy and cool you down. Just take a big sip and….ahhh. Goodness delivered.
The perfect refreshing summer drink!
What is Matcha exactly?
Matcha is powdered green tea 🍵. It is believed to have a ton of health benefits, including:
- Being chock full of Antioxidants that could help limit free radicals which may cause cancer.
- Enables you to stay awake ☀️ and alert ( Zen monks drink tea for meditation 🧘🏻 )
- Contains Theanine which some research suggests may:
- reduce stress
- help with depression
- reduce the risk of developing the flu 🤧.
- Contains a compound called EGCG, which research suggests, may help prevent conditions such as heart disease and diabetes.
Need one more reason to love match tea? It tastes amazing.
How do I make this refreshing drink?
12oz of Milk 🥛 – (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but you are free to use soy or regular 🐮)
1 – 2 tsp of your favorite Sweetener – ( Sugar, Honey, Splenda, etc. )
2 tsp of Matcha Power – I recommend Tenzo Tea, an excellent brand that we are an affiliate promoter for!
- Stir matcha powder into a separate cup and add 1 oz or 2 of water until powder is fully dissolved.
- Simply stir the milk and sweetener together adding Matcha liquid to taste.
- Pour into a cup of ice and enjoy!
Want to find more ways to incorporate the joy of matcha in your life?
Check out these 3 books 📚 on matcha!
Matcha: A Lifestyle Guide by Jessica Flint
Need more matcha in your life? Simply can’t get enough? If so, Matcha: A Lifestyle Guide might be for you. Featuring various other drinks, foods, and snacks. This book helps you see clearly why Matcha Tea🍵 is the new Coffee ☕
The Matcha Cookbook by Aster
If cooking is your forte, then you may want to check out The Matcha Cookbook. Featuring 50 healthy matcha recipes you simply can’t go wrong here. This book also gets into the history of matcha. So if you like history, you’re going to love our next book…
The Story of Japanese Tea: a broad outline of its cultivation, manufacturing, history and cultural values by Tyas Sōsen
This book is perfect for the cultural aficionado in your life ( you know who I’m talking about 🧐 ). This book will take you through the history, culture, and manufacturing processes of matcha. Written by a certified Japanese tea master (who knew that was even a thing 😂), this book is packed full of more information than one could possibly need on the subject of Japanese tea.